In Florida when the parents of a minor child(ren) are not married, paternity must be established to pursue child support from the other parent and/or to establish a parent child relationship with the birth Father. Paternity is a complicated legal issue and affects both parents’ rights and responsibilities for a minor child in regard to child support, time-sharing, and parenting issues. If you are an unwed parent you should promptly seek counsel to understand your options and your rights.

The attorneys at the Law Office of Debra M. Salisbury, P.A. have the experience to guide you through the process of establishing and challenging paternity, parental responsibility, time sharing, and parenting plans. We represent clients in paternity actions and in all in all aspects of litigation including modifying parenting plans, and enforcement/contempt actions.